Friday, April 20, 2012

Chocolate Chips Muffins

Pin It Now!

These are my old time favourite muffins. I will bake these muffins when I craving for butter cake. I found that mixing butter and margarine able to produce softer texture. This recipe is using whipping cream. However you can replace with milk.  


 
Ingredients:
(A)
80g butter
70g margarine
90g castor sugar
 
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
 

(B)
200g cake flour
10g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch of Salt
80g whipping cream/ milk
 
1/2 cup chocolate chips
 
 
Methods :
1. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
 
2. Cream butter and margarine with the sugar till pale and creamy.
 
3. Add one egg at a time, beat till combined before adding in the flour mixture.
 
4. Using a spatula, fold in sifted flours in 3 batches alternatively with the whipping cream. Add in the chocolate chips and mix till well combined.
 
5. Scoop the batter into lined muffin cups. Top with some chips as you like.
 
6. Bake in the preheated oven at 180C for 20 minutes or when a skewer inserted in the center and comes out clean.
 


4 comments:

  1. I was just thinking of choc chips yesterday! These would be lovely with a glass of cold milk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muffins are very delicious....nice clicks

    foodydelight.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum...looks really tender soft! The cream has really made a nice texture for the cake! Will try this out next time since my kids loves soft chocolate cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing! I love choc chip anything. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...