Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Yogurt Chiffon Cake

Pin It Now!


This is my first time of using yogurt in my chiffon cake baking. I read this recipe from Happy Home Baking and very attracted by her lovely Cranberry Yoghurt Chiffon Cake. Since I have yogurt sitting in my fridge, it is the good time to bake with it. I omit the cranberry as my family prefer chiffon cake without any filling. I added some vanilla extract instead. I like the outcome of this recipe. I definitely will bake again.

Adapted and slightly modified from Happy Home Baking, Cranberry Yoghurt Chiffon Cake.
Ingredients:
(A)
4 egg yolks
20g sugar
40g vegetable oil
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
80g yogurt

(B)
80g cake flour

(C)
4 egg whites
50g sugar 

Methods:
1. Pour egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Whisk till sugar dissolves.
 


2. Add in the rest of ingredients (A) and stir to combine.


3. Fold in sifted flour. Mix till smooth.


4. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites till frothy. Add sugar gradually and beat until stiff. Fold in 1/3 of the whites into the yolk mixture till well incorporate. Pour in the remaining egg whites and fold gently till well combine.


5. Pour into 20 cm chiffon mould. Bake at 160C for 40 minutes.


6. Immediately invert it after removal from oven. Leave to cool. When cake is cold, remove from mould.


3 comments:

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...